Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Signal Bars are really low

bagua168
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

I'm an iPhone 6 phone user and I was wondering if anyone is noticing that their Fido signal is at 1-2 bars (dots since this is an iPhone)? The building of where I live is not concrete and is one of those new condos.

I noticed this and was worried about not receiving texts, calls, or getting data but this is not the case. My text is fine, I can call customer service, and I still see LTE on my screen.

Should I be worried? Is there a solution to this problem as this is the first time I've had a mobile carrier where the bar came this low. The last time I saw a bar this low is in the TTC. Any help would be appreciated!

**Edited to add labels

6 REPLIES 6

Dlad
I'm also having similar issues , call drops, people can't hear me, signal keeps on switching between LTE to 3G, I have activated wifi calling, when at home it always remain at wifi calling. This is when I m in north burnaby, right on lougheed highway.

Thinking of moving to Telus

Hello Dlad,

Welcome to the community!

Cellular signal strength is dependent, at least in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. Depending on your location around the Lougheed Hwy, you may be further from the cellular towers.

BC.jpg

Taken from here.

You should note that the Telus towers show a similar distribution to that of Fido/Rogers.

As mentioned previously, there are a number of factors that can affect signal strength (ie buildings, trees, local terrain)(see here).

**edit**

@Dlad wrote:
...signal keeps on switching between LTE to 3G ...

In case you were not aware, voice calls (with exception of voLTE) are transmitted via the 2G and '3G' networks, so it is normal for the signal to switch from LTE to '3G' for calls... **

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @Dlad.

We don't want to see you leave because of this. I checked and we do have coverage at lougheed highway.  Is that the only place you're having issues at and did you had a chance to contact us about this issue so we can open a ticket for you? 

Dlad
Yes I did try that, I'm a bit confused why is this happening when I go down on the street outside my apartment signal seems to be good. It's just that in my buiding signal is little and same with my work location.

Hey @Dlad Smiley

Simply to confirm with you, the signal is low when you are indoor only?

If that's the case, many factors inside a building can affect your signal.

Let me know.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @bagua168! Smiley

As long you can use your service the 1-2 bars is fine. There's no need to worry. Smiley