cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Hotspot unavailable after Fido 3G outage?

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

I installed the iOS4.3 update last night and configured Personal Hotspot. However, before I was able to test it, the Fido 3G network went down for hours. The phone still showed a 3G connection but no data worked over 3G at all. Further, the Personal Hotspot setting disappeared from the main setting screen and was only available under network settings. But, even there, it was stuck with a spinning circle. This morning 3G data seems to be working again but Personal Hotspot is still missing from the main screen and still a spinning circle of that setting under network.

Has anyone else had this problem since the outage (seems to have been nationwide, as I have see complaints on twitter from Toronto, Kitchener and Waterloo) and if so, is there a solution?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

iphoneYYC
I'm a participant level 3

hey I'm in Calgary - downloaded iOS 4.3 and hotspot feature worked fine yesterday.

Today I tried it and it's asking me to contact Fido.  In addition, the icon moved from the settings first page to the network page.  I have called Fido and it's the first they heard of it.

They are now asking me to go to their store to have it looked it.

I have read, there have been issues in Ontario - any updates from anyone? Anyone in Calgary/Alberta having personal hotspot issues?

kevdeez
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Don't worry i'm in calgary and i'm having the same problem all day called fido this morning they had no info about the problem

iphoneYYC
I have figured the problem.
For some strange reason with the new update, my tethering option was turned off.

Called in and to have Fido turn it back on and viola it works flawlessly.