cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one or 2 bar at Mt. Pleasant & Lawrence

brucer
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I get really bad call quality from my home (inside or out) at Mt. Pleasant & Lawrance. I upgrade from an iphone 4 because your no-technical customer service people kept telling me it was a bad simm card, bad phone, bad day.. so now i have your iphone 5 can't get LTE still get 1 or 2 bars **bleep** treception while I envy my visitors with telus and bell hitting 5 bars no problem.

A technical genuis in fido c/s told me tonight it was because I had large trees on my property. I guess telus have a tree friendly network.

What garbage support.

5 REPLIES 5

Customer518
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Now it is 2022. My family member got one bar at LimeRidge mall with iPhone 13 pro and had issue to open web pages, google maps. We had used one Koodo phone to complete these tasks.

Two Fido phone had only one bar at my house which is 1.2 km away from Rogers cell tower. Furthermore the speed test showed download speed as 15-22 and upload speed as 0.2-0.8 most of time.  Is it normal? 

Hey @Customer518

I can understand how important it is for you to get good reception on your device. Make sure to contact our technical support to get this looked into. You can find all the ways to reach us here.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey brucer!

It is unfortunate to learn of your reception issues.

I have verified and there should be no reason for you to experience this issue (You have a very good coverage, 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE).

Do you have this issue everywhere you go or is it only around your property?

Did you ask to have this escalated to our network support team? If not, I'd suggest that you do. They can open a ticket to have this investigated.

Let me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live at Roselawn/Avenue and I just upgraded from S2 to S5. Now my signal is weak. Only 1-2 bars in my apartment, 3 if Im lucky. Should I remove the latest KitKat update? Would this fix the issue?

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hey metrosuperstar,

I know its been a while but was wondering if you ever got this fixed?