Oneplus 7 pro

I'm a Participant Level 1 youssef4
I'm a Participant Level 1

Oneplus 7 pro

I am planning to buy a Onepls 7 pro and I noticed that Fido isn't listed on the oneplus website with the networks that are compatible with the phone. So I wanted to ask will the Fido sim work with the phone or not?

Accepted Solution

Re: Oneplus 7 pro

Hello Youssef4,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming the version of the phone you're planning on getting is the Canadian version, it should have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for the networks. Also, Fido and Rogers share their networks.

While the phone should work on the networks, you should note that certain features (ie Wifi-calling and/or voLTE) won't likely work since the phone is not a Fido device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3

Hey @youssef4,

That's a really good question! From what I see, the device operates on our bands, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. 

Anyone @Community have some thoughts on this? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Youssef4,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming the version of the phone you're planning on getting is the Canadian version, it should have all of the compatible bands/frequencies for the networks. Also, Fido and Rogers share their networks.

While the phone should work on the networks, you should note that certain features (ie Wifi-calling and/or voLTE) won't likely work since the phone is not a Fido device.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3