Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving some text messages

Ogeid85
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi,

I just activated a new sim card with a number from another phone company. The number has been transferred and I'm receiving sms from other FIDO users but can't get messages like alerts from banks, google accounts, etc.

I've done a factory reset (twice), clear caché, clear data, etc.

The phone is a OnePlusOne which was used with another FIDO line 10 minutes before putting in the new sim. I did a factory reset prior to putting the new sim card.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Ogeid85 & welcome to the Community!

Before transferring the number, were you able to receive these messages? Also, have you had the chance to test your SIM card in a different phone?

Let me know. Smiley

Ogeid85

Hi @FidoMaria,

I've tried the sim in another phone and it didn't work.

Before transferring the number, I was able to receive the messages.

The issues are related to automated messages, like Google authentication, bank alerts, etc.

Have you tried to test these messages with the WiFi off and see if you're able to receive them? 

Just to confirm, the issue is only affecting text messages from companies right? 

Let me know! 

januarysnake
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Not sure I'm hijacking this thread... but I can't receive Amazon verification text messages, but receive other text messages. seems like any verification text messages from Amazon is not getting through to my Fido number. Anybody have this issue too?

Hey @januarysnake

Welcome to the Community!

Were you able to get the codes before though?

To clarify, only approved short codes can be received on your phone. These codes are approved by The Canadian Wireless Telecommunication Association.

Can you please check if the code you mentioned appears on this list.