cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 1020 Unlocked eBay, will LTE work?

timesupuk0ed
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, so I'm about to purchase a nokia lumia 1020 frob eBay and wanted to know if I would get LTE with Fido. The link to the ad is:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nokia-Lumia-1020-32GB-4G-AT-T-Factory-Unlocked-GSM-T-Mobile-Windows-8-Straigh...

I have seen in a few older forum posts that the 2100mhz frequency will give me LTE support with Fido but I was hoping someone would go to the link and check the frequency bands to confirm. 

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hey guys,

Looked into the specific specs of the handset itself and it would seem that it is LTE compatible.  This handset is specified for the following:

LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
(Bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20) - RM-875

Hoped this helped Wink

@Kayla_Fido wrote:

Hey guys,

Looked into the specific specs of the handset itself and it would seem that it is LTE compatible.  This handset is specified for the following:

LTE 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600
(Bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20) - RM-875

Hoped this helped Wink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Fido employee, but my comments do not necessarily represent the views or official position of Fido or its affiliates.

Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Fido, toutefois mes commentaires ne représentent pas nécessairement les points de vue et la position officielle de Fido ou de ses sociétés affiliées.

Hello Kayla,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the input! Though, we need to be little mindful of 'open' statements like that. Phone manufacturers often make different versions of the same model of phone depending on the target markets. Differences in the versions might include slightly differing hardware and antennae.

So you are correct in that there are LTE versions of the Nokia Lumia 1020, one of them being the RM-875 you mentioned. There is also the RM-877, which would actually be a better option for Fido/Rogers because it has both bands 4 and 17. On the other hand, the RM-875 only has band 7. If you read some of my other posts, I have reservations as to whether the one you mentioned would actually work on Fido/Rogers.

The phone version mentioned in the link by the OP is likely the RM-876 (based on the mentioned specifications), which does not have LTE.

Cheers

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

Agree with FidoStephen - 2100MHz UMTS is not the same as 2100MHz LTE.  This phone does not have LTE support.  LTE will not work on this device with Fido.

FidoStephane

According to the specs that phone doesn't use any LTE bands.