cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia C6 - Mobile Browsing

arkeetek
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I couldn't get a straight answer from the call centre.  The reps either sounded unsure of what they were saying or were unfamiliar with my Nokia C6.

My question is if I get the unlimited mobile browsing, is it stictly limited to website browsing, social sites (twitter, Facebook), email and google apps.  Will I get charged extra data to access OVI maps, downloading apps from the OVI store or accessing the youtube app on the phone?  

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Unlimited Moble Browsing on phone that is NOT a Smartphone Covers Download Fees NO $0.03/KB you will still pay for the cost of a Themes, Games OFF the top of my head.

With the C6 YOU get a Lifetime Licence for the OVI GPS APP.

I DO NOT think that you will have to pay most things on the OVI Store, Nokia OWNS them they are planning to cange the name to: The Nokia Store in the near future IIRC.

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

From the Fido Site:

Re: Unlimited Moble Browsing - Unlimited Access to sites like Facebook, Google and Twitter. Browse thousands of sites right from your Fido phone.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello everyone,

Thank you ren596 for the explanations Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable
very good point, browsing includes browsing, but not purchases from the fido shop.

some people might not realize that.

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

There are TWO Versions on the Nokia C6 Added Info In Red:

Fido is selling The Nokia C6 {Nokia C6-00} as a regular Cell Pnone it IS NOT listed in the Smartphone section of the website.  Therefore Unlimited Mobile Browsing @ $10.00 applies to this phone NO Data Plan is needed. 

Bell is selling The Nokia C6 {Nokia C6-01} as a Smartphone IIRC which MAY be confusing some people.

Nokia C6

C6-00 = Touch-Screen| Physical Keyboard|5MP Camera > Fido

S60 5th edition | Symbian OS version 9.4

C6-01 = Touch-Screen| Virtual Keyboard| 8MP Camera >  Bell

Symbian^3 OS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stick to the Fido version and you should be alright

ren596
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

There are TWO Versions on the Nokia C6:

Fido is selling The Nokia C6 [Nokia C6-00] as a regular Cell Pnone it IS NOT listed in the Smartphone section of the website.  Therefore Unlimited Mobile Browsing @ $10.00 applies to this phone NO Data Plan is needed. 

Bell is selling The Nokia C6 {Nokia C6-01} as a Smartphone IIRC which MAY be confusing some people.

Nokia C6

C6-00 = Touch-Screen| Physical Keyboard|5MP Camera > Fido

C6-01 = Touch-Screen| Virtual Keyboard| 8MP Camera >  Bell