cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service after low battery shutoff

zliplus
I'm a participant level 2

I was outside in the cold (-7C) and my phone gave a 30s low battery shutoff warning after being at 62% power. After returning inside and waiting about 5 minutes for it to warm up, I started the phone and it no longer gets cell service. The WiFi still works but is much slower to connect than before - often takes minutes to connect to a saved network. The phone also randomly shuts off or restarts with no input. I am unable to call tech support right now, and manually power cycling the phone (including replacing SIM/battery) did not have any noticeable effect.

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@zliplus Whats the make and model of your phone? Leave the phone off and let it dry out for a while it is possible that condensation build up inside from being in the cold then straight into a warm place.

zliplus

Leaving it to dry did not seem to resolve anything. I reached tech support on another phone and was unable to even do a factory reset following their instructions, plus the WiFi stopped connecting completely. Currently waiting to reach the manufacturer for warranty.

Hey @zliplus,

Welcome to the Community!

Real sorry to hear about your phone, that's definitely no fun!

Was it a Fido phone? You have a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer if the phone's defective, however this doesn't include physical damage.

Do you know if you're still under the warranty?