cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus

jamezfarrow2014
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido you need more phones.because rogers has the Nexus 9 Tablet.. And Fido gets a G Pad 2. Also you guys need the Nexus 5x and 6P

8 REPLIES 8

jamezfarrow2014
But no other services offer what Fido does. In house hardware upgrades. I want to be able to order a Nexus 5x or 6P through customer service and have it chsrged to my in voice. Because i have bought 4 phones from fido in past 6 months and pais them off in one month. Saving for upgrade is dumb. Besides some other providers rack up the cost of this phone

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

There is a discussion about that here.

Fido never got the Nexus 6 so I personally do not think they will get the Nexus 5x or 6p.

Thanks for your feedback @jamezfarrow2014

Keep an eye on Fido.ca for upcoming phones and products Smiley

vascochu
I'm a participant level 2

Just finished an online chat with Fido and as everyone expected, no ETA, no update on Nexus 6P. I understand Fido don't carry all phone model but IMO they should at least carry the "premium" phone that many people may want. My contract will end in a month and I guess I have no choice but to jump ship to another carrier to get the phone I want. 

We wouldn't want to see you go @vascochu Sad

Keep in mind that Nexus phones are always unlocked so if you buy it outright, you can still use it with your Fido services! 

vascochu

It is true that I can buy Nexus 6P directly from Google. However, Fido’s BYOP plans never encourage those who want a new phone to sign up. Savings per month is so little. Those who want new phone will end up paying a lot more (relatively speaking) over the 2 years if go with BYOP. I want to upgrade and I see no reason to pay more for the same service and phone.

zyx
I'm qualified level 2
I'm qualified level 2

@vascochu wrote:

It is true that I can buy Nexus 6P directly from Google. However, Fido’s BYOP plans never encourage those who want a new phone to sign up. Savings per month is so little. Those who want new phone will end up paying a lot more (relatively speaking) over the 2 years if go with BYOP. I want to upgrade and I see no reason to pay more for the same service and phone.

I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion, because I came to the exact opposite one.

It's not plainly stated anymore, but it used to be plainly stated that a smart plan would reduce the cost of a device by "up to $350". Smart plans are $15/month more than BYOP. 24 x $15 = $360. So you'd pay an extra $360 to save $350 up-front. How is that "a lot more"?

You're not expecting to pay the subsidized price seen on Rogers/Telus/Bell, are you? (the one for which you have to take a plan with a much higher monthly cost?)

Koodo is pretty much similar in terms of plan cost, and they do have both Nexus listed. The 6P is $749 ($700 from Google) and the 5X is $654 ($500 from Google). It's the same price (over 2 years) if you buy it full price (from Koodo) or it you put it on the tab.

howardsiu
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

It all depends of you have a Grand Father Plan or not. For myself, there will be no difference if I bring my own phone or get a new phone from Fido.

I am still waiting for the Nexus 6P. I don't mind the Sony Xperia Z5, but I don't think Fido will ever bring that in. The Xperia M4 is just not my kind of phone.