cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to FIDO need android help for marketplace!!

reid328
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I looked for an answer to this on these forums as well as net, and cannot seem to figure it out.  Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently set up a prepaid fido phone, (acer liquid) running on android 2.2.  I DO NOT have a mobile data plan as all I use this phone for is talk and text for the most part, the rest, wifi can take care of.  

The problem im facing is I have been unable to get into the android market, it says it is not connected and I can't get beyond the terms and agreements page.

I have checked the apns, I have also turned on data roaming to see if that made a difference, however, my goal is to be able to use the marketplace with my wifi connection so I don't need to purchase a data plan.  (The wifi works fine when on the browser but for some reason, I can't get anywhere near marketplace or Google play)  Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions in advance, this has been driving me crazy.

-r

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey reid328!

From what you have told me, it seems like you may be using a custom ROM (custom software). Normally, this issue only occurs when you are not using the original software that came with the phone. If that is the case, I would suggest that you install the original software that came with the device and try again.

@ Community : Does anyone have any other idea?