cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My s6 edge didn't get the wifi calling update nor did it get the recent 7.0

Ojoo
I'm a participant level 3

I was ok with not getting the wifi calling when I upgraded to 6.0.1 although I wasn't sure why I didn't get it when my gf did with her s6 edge, even after factory resetting with no luck. Now she has 7.0 on hers with wifi calling and I am still stuck at 6.0.1. I just did yet another factory reset just now and still no wifi calling or 7.0 update... What can I do?

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Ojoo even if your phone had the WiFi calling feature and its a non-Fido phone it will not work because Fido is currently only supporting phones bought directly from them.

Try doing the manual update as @FidoMaria suggested and let us know. 

Ojoo

Hi, I bought and registered it to the fido network brand new, it has never been with any other company. I've tried manual updates and still nothing it says the latest updates have already been installed G925W8VLU3CPC5.

@Ojoo your reply was not clear as to where you bought the phone from. Did you buy it from Fido?

Ojoo

I bought it at the Samsung store brand new at the exact same time as my gf bought hers, both were registered to the fido network right then but she has been getting the updates and I haven't.

@Ojoo because you bought the phone directly from Samsung it will be register as a non-Fido device.

You will need to contact Fido directly or you can try installing the Samsung smart switch app on your computer as see if it will update the phone that way.

Ojoo

I bought the exact same phone as my gf at the exact same time, both were registered at the same time, from the same store, from the same sales clerk, from the same batches of phones... I don't understand how you can say it is registered as a non fido device when she is getting all of the updates from you guys. Smart switch says the same thing, latest updates have been installed...

@Ojoo I do not work for Fido in anyway.

Samsung phones are region locked meaning when you bough it the first SIM card you put in the phone locks to that provider. 

Because you bought the phone directly from Samsung the IMEI number is not in Fido's database so it will be registered as a non-Fido device. Why you are not getting the update is beyond me and you will need to contact Samsung because you got the phone directly from them. Fido won;t be able to do anything for you because the phone is not from them.

You can probably go back to the Samsung store and have them update it for you.

Ojoo

Thanks for your help, I'll go back to Samsung and see if they can help.

@Ojoo no problem, let us know what happens after you take it in. 

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Ojoo & welcome to the Community. Smiley

Are you using a Fido phone? And have you manually checked if there was an update available?

Let me know!