cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple problems appear on iPhones accross multiple providers. Anyone have an answer?

hildareyes2929
I'm a participant level 3

Hello there any one that reads my post and is going through same or similar problem and knows the answer. I currently have 3 cell phone lines with fido like with other cell phone company. Before the last move with fido i had a an iPhone X my Husband had iPhone 7 and my son had an iPhone XS Max we had problems with other cell phone companys from bell to freedom mobile and now with fido. at first all iphones work fine first couple of months then problems airises same problems including fido iphone freezes iphone incoming calls do not ring people complain to us we call we call but your iphone does not ring it goes to VM. When my son had his iphone 15 pro max from his iphone xs max the problem for my son stoped and everything back to normal all calls ring data worked i can see my son GPS but now i have the iphone xs max and my husband has iphone X same problems and common problems from incoming calls not rining data on the iphone slow or intermentint cuts off my ? is it the cell phone companys or the Canadian Goverment Forcing Canadians to switch to Cell phones with 5G and or with USB C since British is the same blood as canada with the whole EU thing banning all cell phones with no USB C it upsets me and my husband this whole forcing people to buy new and expensive cell phones that is 5G or and USB C when my iphone XS MAx and my husband iphone X works fine hardware speaking i do not want a new iphone and if it is a Canadian Goverment wanting to have there way why should i have to pay for something like not neccesary a new and expensive iphone when it and if it is Canadian Goverment issue then the Canadian Goverment should fork in buying a new iphone and my husband and the worst part me and my husband we are low income low class seniors this is not right when our iphones X and iphone XS MAX hardware speaking is fine i feel it is not right this forcing tactics on people have to buy unneccessry new iphones just because there 5G and USB C this is not right on forcefull tactics

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Hildareyes2929,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your devices. As Kapable-K noted below, devices might need to be upgraded as the technology changes. I remember having to update my mom's GSM-only phone when the 2G network was getting decomissioned. More recently, the US providers decommissioned their 3G networks. As far as I am aware, Canadian providers will continue their 3G networks for the near future.

That said, I don't think your issue is related to your devices not having 5G nor USB-C. Firstly, Fido does not currently offer 5G services. Devices capable of 5G would not be able to access that network at the moment. I believe both of your devices should have all of the current compatible bands/frequecies used on the '3G' and LTE networks. Unfortunately, there will be a time when the '3G' network and possibly even LTE network will be decommissioned for newer technologies. When that happens, devices would need to be upgraded to include the later generation networks.

As well, the type of data/power connection (ie lightening vs USB-C) would have no bearing on a device's ability to make and/or receive calls.

Do you and your husband regularly restart your devices or close unused open apps? Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with iOS. However, android devices can get a little sluggish if too many apps remain open or the device had not been restarted  for a long time. Additionally, it has been suggested to force stop the Phone app and then restart the device (see here).

As Kapable-K also notes, since your issue appears to happen across different mobile providers, that would suggest the issue lies with the devices. You might consider reaching out to Apple to see if they have any further suggestions to help with your situation.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

hildareyes2929

Hello there again

I read your reply. Today in my email Fido Cell phone Company started sending me email messages in my email inbox from Fido Cell phone Company the very same Cell phone I am in and My Husband and my son is in about Me and my Husband getting a 5G Cell phone from Fido. My Response is if this whole thing on forcefull tactics that Me and My Husband buy a 5G Cell phone if these Forcefull tactics are really coming from the Canadian Goverment my Response to the Canadian Goverment is Me and My Husband We do not have any Money we do not have any funds to Buy or rent a 5G Cell Phone because Me and My Husband we are Low income Low Class Canadian Seniors in Canada it is The Canadian Goverment Very Legal Obligation to Provide Me and My Husband a 5G Cell Phone. The Only Reason Me and my Husband have each other our own cell phones and our own cell phone lines is because Toronto Police Verbaly told us to get Me and My Husband and My Son each our own cell phones and own cell phone lines long long long time ago becasue our adult Son went missing for days reallty speaking it was The Canadian Goverment verbaly telling us not Toronto Police in fact Toronto Police are just puppets but up to us Me and My Husband we only have for both of us me and my Husband just a Home Phone Service Home Line from OOMA at just $17 Canadian Dollars a Month using OOMA. Thats My Response for the Canadian Goverment if these Force Full Tactics are really Coming from the Canadian GOverment becuse these email messages in my inbox are the same email messages offers in my inbox from Bell Canada and from Freedom Mobile

Hi there. If you need assistance with your Fido line, please contact us via any of our customer service points. You can find all of the options here

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @hildareyes2929,

Welcome to the community!

Since you said you had the issue with other carriers and now that your son got a new iPhone 15 and everything works as it should it's clear the issue is with the device and not a fault of the carriers, technology changes at a rapid pace and with the demand and reliance on cellphones in today's world the way and speed at which we need o be connect also had to advance and with that advancement and the no need for older technology carriers are forced to decommissioned older networks like 2g because the need for it is not there.

Often times phone manufacturers would deliberately make your device perform slower to get you to upgrade Apple had been caught doing that and had a major lawsuit against them.

The connection issues you are having have nothing to do with the government or the type of cable used to charge and transfer data to your device, the EU did more good for consumers in terms of these cables than anyone in North America, before every manufacturer had there own proprietary cable/connection which was just ridiculous so the EU made Micro USB a standard back then so all devices can use the same cable to charge, Apple has been the only one using a different cable and this creates more waste so the EU put an end to that which is a good thing for consumers.

hildareyes2929

Hello there again

I read your reply. Today in my email Fido Cell phone Company started sending me email messages in my email inbox from Fido Cell phone Company the very same Cell phone I am in and My Husband and my son is in about Me and my Husband getting a 5G Cell phone from Fido. My Response is if this whole thing on forcefull tactics that Me and My Husband buy a 5G Cell phone if these Forcefull tactics are really coming from the Canadian Goverment my Response to the Canadian Goverment is Me and My Husband We do not have any Money we do not have any funds to Buy or rent a 5G Cell Phone because Me and My Husband we are Low income Low Class Canadian Seniors in Canada it is The Canadian Goverment Very Legal Obligation to Provide Me and My Husband a 5G Cell Phone. The Only Reason Me and my Husband have each other our own cell phones and our own cell phone lines is because Toronto Police Verbaly told us to get Me and My Husband and My Son each our own cell phones and own cell phone lines long long long time ago becasue our adult Son went missing for days reallty speaking it was The Canadian Goverment verbaly telling us not Toronto Police in fact Toronto Police are just puppets but up to us Me and My Husband we only have for both of us me and my Husband just a Home Phone Service Home Line from OOMA at just $17 Canadian Dollars a Month using OOMA. Thats My Response for the Canadian Goverment if these Force Full Tactics are really Coming from the Canadian GOverment becuse these email messages in my inbox are the same email messages offers in my inbox from Bell Canada and from Freedom Mobile