cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Montreal - Mount Royal cell coverage?

juldoog
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

About 6 months ago I got an ancient Fido branded sony ericsson t290a phone. I bought a fido sim card on ebay and have prepaid service. It's worked great until last week. I can no longer get a network from my apartment. I live near the Montreal General Hospital on the side of Mount Royal. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.

J

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello juldoog,

I am sorry to learn of your recent issues with your Fido handset.

Does this issue only occur while you are within your appartment? If so, please note that indoor coverage is not covered as the network not connecting could be due to the building itself.

If you were to go just outside of your appartment, would you get any signal?

If not, is it only within that area or in multiple areas?

If you have poor to no network connection no matter where you are, the issue could be with your Fido phone. I would suggest trying your SIM in another handset to see if the issue persists.

If it is only in certain areas or one area, I would suggest that you call our techincal support team which can look into this matter along with our network team to find where the issue comes from and resolve it as soon as possible.

They can be reached at 1-888-481-3436 from a phone other than your Fido, option 2.

Let us know how it goes!