cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Mobile network not available' message ??? August 26, 2012

IslandParadox
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I've suddenly been getting this message ('Mobile network not available') on my phone for the past 24 hours when trying to make a call or send a text.  Anyone know why?  Is there a Fido/Rogers network problem or is it a problem with my phone/account?  (I'm fully paid up on my account and then some.)  Help!  I need my phone to work!

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey IslandParadox!

If your account is all up to date and you are not over the credit limit, there should be nothing wrong with your account. We also do not have any issues with the network.

Have you tried to pull the battery out of the phone for a few minutes to see if that helps? It could be that the phone lost its connection to our network and if that's the case, a battery pull usually fixes it.

If that does not work, I'd suggest trying the SIM in another device to pinpoint the nature of the problem. If the service works while the SIM card is in another phone, it would mean that your current device is defective while if it doesn't work, it would mean that the issue is not with your handset but with the SIM card itself or the service.

If that's the case, you may contact us by phone to have more troubleshooting processed. We may be reached at 1-888-481-3436 from any phone other than your Fido.

Let us know!