cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing messages sent through Messages app

lwerbo33
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there, I got a new iPhone 12 mini through Fido a couple of days ago and have noticed that not all messages sent through Messages are coming through. The problem seems to be resolved once I send a message to the person trying to reach me.  However, the missed messages don't magically appear. It's just as if they were never sent in the first place (on my device only).

What can I do to resolve this issue? I checked previous posts but they were all related to SMS. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @lwerbo33,

I'm not quite clear are you having problems sending or receiving text messages?

If you are having problems receiving and since you got a new iPhone can you try singing out from the old device and see if it helps.

lwerbo33

Hi @KAPABLE-K,

Thank you for the response! I'm having issues receiving messages. Sending is fine.

I tried signing out of iMessage on the old phone, but that didn't seem to help. Are there other things to sign out of?

Hello, again @lwerbo33,

Can you try restarting the device and also make sure the carrier settings are u to date you can follow the instructions here.

lwerbo33

Hi @KAPABLE-K ,

Thanks for the link! I restarted it yesterday after I noticed the issues. The carrier settings appear to be up to date.

Just now, I tried all the other suggestions in the link as well (apart from resetting the phone). I'll see if the issue improves and will follow up if not. Thanks again for the help