cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

May be spam or not

Harshaabbavaram
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I got a call from Fido saying like promotional offer for mobile nd they sent me a mail like order was booked but unable to complete due to 2 id cards they required nd I unable to provide the id card nd the mail i got is from info@fidomobility.com

Can I trust this mail 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Harshaabbavaram,

Welcome to the community!

I would also suggest that call and email are a SCAM. Unfortunately, there has recently been a rash of similar SCAM calls (see here). However, in your case, it also sounds like a phishing attempt -- they are trying to obtain information (your ID) from you. You might consider notifying Fido of your experience (see here). In addition, you might consider reporting the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

If you have already provided your information, you might also consider following the steps here.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Harshaabbavaram,

Welcome to the community!

That is absolutely a scam. The domain does not belong to Rogers/Fido, and if you already have an account, they would not ask for ID by email. In fact, Fido does not provide any support through email, if they ever require ID you would have to go to a store.