cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Voicemail access number [Blackberry Torch]

speccaa
I'm a participant level 1

When I was trying to set up my voicemail I may have accidentally altered my voicemail access number, and now can't find out what to change it to.

Could anyone help, im from Regina Area, (306)

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi there speccaa,

The voicemail center number depends on whether or not you have visual voicemail or enhanced voicemail, and when it was added to your account. For SK, here are the VMC's:

+14037141123 OR +14034012089 for enhanced voicemail

+16478396178 for iPhone visual voicemail.

Be sure to enter the "+" sign before the number when storing it in your handset.

Hope this helps!

AllenK

Thank you, this post helped me with my iphone visual voicemail setup.

I don't understand why the rep that added visual voicemail for my account did not inform me to change the the voicemail number.

On the iPhone, enter: *5005*86*+16478396178# and press call for anyone with the same issue.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Try:

Dial 3436 which should automatically set the VM number for you. 

if that fails, these numbers used to work for manually programming the VM number through GSM CCF codes.

416 822 1123

647 997 1130 

647 241 3492 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to mention sometihng for 10yearfido.  I tried dialing 3436 and it does nothing, it doesnt even connect. Back in the day, the switch programmers made a code in the switch 3436 that if you set up the conditional call forwarding to that it would automatically look up the local voicemail number in the node your provisioned to and set it.   I dont remember the switch programmers ever made the number to be reached by dialing though, it was only designed for the call forwarding codes and guess what, it still works, i tried it, so if  you forward all calls to 3436 it will reveil your vm deposit number (not the same as the retreival number) if you do a call forwarding inquiry code.  so this would still not help the op

Another point to mention, when you change voicemail packages, the rep typically does not need to tell you how to change the vm retreival because they typically do a re-send to switch in the billing system and it pushes the vm numbers to your line/phone.  sometimes it does not go through you can always call back and ask them to do it again, but you can always enter it manually too, welcome to fido.

FidoStephen
Thanks for clearing that up Paolo

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2