cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz works on Fido?

Mofish78
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

HTC one Dev Edit uses LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz, will it work on Fido? Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

HTC one Dev Edit uses LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz, will it work on Fido? Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks to Oliver for posting the frequency info above.

Just some points for clarification.

For those of you who do not know, AWS (advanced wireless services) refers to band 4 (1700/2100MHz). So this phone will work on the Fido/Rogers LTE network since it has both bands 4 and 17.

@robertrazavi wrote:

Shouldn't that be:

AWS1700 and LTE 2100 and 2600 MHz ???

AWS is technically both 1700MHz (upload) and 2100MHz (download). If you list them separately like that, the LTE 2100MHz often gets confused with band 1, which is not compatible with Fido/Rogers. This is especially important when discussing international phones as many countries use band 1. Unless explicitly specified for use in North America, 2100MHz will invariably refer to band 1.

I have been informed that Fido/Rogers uses only half of the AWS spectrum, which is why they will often refer to it as 2100MHz on band 4.

Hope this clears some things up!

Cheers

robertrazavi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Shouldn't that be:

AWS1700 and LTE 2100 and 2600 MHz ???

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. The frequencies which are mentioned can and will definitely works on the Fido network. Below are the frequencies & bands currently being use by Fido to provide GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ & LTE services also known as 2G,3G,4G & LTE services 

- Any & all devices that are compatible with 850 MHz and 1900 MHz are able to access Fido GSM, UMTS, HSPA and HSPA+ service which are also known as 2G/Edge,3G and 4G network.

- To be able to access Fido LTE network, the phone must be compatible with:

• 700 MHz on Band 17;
  • 2100 MHz on Band 4;
  • 2600 MHz on Band 7.

The phone doesn`t have to be compatible with all of the LTE frequencies so to be able to gain access to it. One or Two is sufficient. The only things which can be factors on not being able to access the LTE Network is your location and signal strength.

Hope this helps!

ToOny
I'm a participant level 2
I saw that HTC One specification for Rogers and all other Canadian edition, LTE uses 700/AWS. Three questions:
1st, does Fido and Rogers share the same LTE band ? What frequency do they use?
2nd, does AWS mean 1700/2100 MHz ?
3 rd, if yes for the above questions, then the dev Edition will be able to use Fido LTE in Canada?

aawen
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
Picked up my rogers HTC one yesterday, just insert my fido LTE SIM, it's working fantastic, feel like LTE signal is weaker than my of HTC one X. So far I'm really satisfied about the phone.

ToOny
So do you think that 700/850/AWS/1900 edition will work on Fido LTE?

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
LTE no, 4G possible