LG Gossip- Maximum Application Reached

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

I've had the phone for about 3 months now and it's been happening recenlty. Whenever I try to reply to a text message a message comes up that says maximum application reached. How do I fix that?

thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: LG Gossip- Maximum Application Reached

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJean

Hi smae,

It sounds like you device is leaving all applications you run open until you reach capacity as opposed to closing them.

- Removing and re-inserting the battery SHOULD resolve this. If it does not, we know the is a more serious software corruption. If it does resolve this for a bit then the problem comes back, it is either due to a setting changed or again a software corruption.

I am not familiar of any setting in this phone that would disable automic closure of an app after a certain time but to be certain you can ask LG at 1-888-542-2623.

If all else fails you can perform a reset to factory settings, LG should be able to give you those steps and the required security code as well.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
Former Moderator

Hi smae,

It sounds like you device is leaving all applications you run open until you reach capacity as opposed to closing them.

- Removing and re-inserting the battery SHOULD resolve this. If it does not, we know the is a more serious software corruption. If it does resolve this for a bit then the problem comes back, it is either due to a setting changed or again a software corruption.

I am not familiar of any setting in this phone that would disable automic closure of an app after a certain time but to be certain you can ask LG at 1-888-542-2623.

If all else fails you can perform a reset to factory settings, LG should be able to give you those steps and the required security code as well.