cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip - Instant Messaging?

Nine
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there. I've owned an LG Gossip for a few months now, and have tried time and time again to contact Fido via phone in regards to the problem I have with Instant Messaging (which I've had since I have gotten the phone). They have been unable to help me.

I have paid five dollars extra monthly to be able to use the Instant Messaging application--which is built into the device. I try to sign onto my IM account (in this case, Windows Live!), and it fails to log me in, prompting that I check my connection settings (code-2). I do so, there's nothing that can be done--yet it's not the connection that's the problem--because I have been told that I'm signed in regardless.

I then get a text message from '44203' saying that I need to download an upgrade at http://fido.ca/m/im. I try to do so, and the download fails after two percent. I have researched the LG product itself (via their website) and I can't seem to find anything that can be done, and because Fido contacts by text me every time I try, I thought it best to try and ask the community here, because I don't think it has to do with the cellphone itself.

Sorry for the long-windedness, and I apologize if I've somehow misplaced this topic as it's my first time here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read. If anyone has an answer at all, please let me know.

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

Nine
The issue has been resolved--it was a matter of how strong the connection was. I apologize, and thank you again! The topic can be removed.