cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Gossip Browsing internet

Stankic
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Any way to browse all sites normally??? anyway around this??? i used to have the sony ericsson t715 and could browse anywhere....

some sites say message this off and on  page too large

and its funny i can browse them at the beginning then in the forum later on says that message  page too large??

sucks that you cant browse and no wifi on the phone

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

LG Gossip web browser was designed for WEB OPTIMIZED PAGES ( note: if you want a defintiion..google it  ). this implies that there will be some webpages that it can not  display since the website did not design any web optimized pages.

An example :

on the PC : note the url addy of google ( www.google.ca or www.google.com or etc....)...

on the LG Gossip : go to the google home page and then view the page addy / property / url.....you should notice that the google url should be something like http://wap.google.com/m  ( m = mobile ---> web optimized page )

Anonymous
Not applicable
don't you mean MOBILE optimized pages?

hellofido
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
Do we get charged if we use the IM msger of the LG gossip? I heard it was free for the prepaid plans..I have no data plan and wud like to use the IM feature of LG gossip - pls let me know 😃 ty

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

standard data rates apply if you use IM app on LG Gossip.  you are better off getting a data day/week/month pass.

Anonymous
Not applicable
certain applications such as Fido IM, Mobile Mail, Mobile Backup, and Fido On Demand, also incur a monthly subscription fee, so even if you have the $10 option, the use of those applications are not included.

tor0nt02011
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

false info on fido website then? I thought $1 day/$3 data week passes lets you browse the internet, as well as use the built in mobilemail.

Anonymous
Not applicable
its always been my understanding that mobile mail is a seperate subscription service, you pay a monthly fee, ie: 5 dollars a month to gain access to it. now this could have changed but if you dont need surfing, and only access to mail, then this is a cheap solution since any data the program uses your not charged for it, it comes out of the subscription fee, and if you HAVE a data plan, this option still wont work unless u subscribe, thats what ive been told, hopefully someone from fido can clarify this to u

hellofido
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Ty Paolo & Silent Smiley

iSAW
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

What do you mean by "browse all sites normally?" Are you referring to the use of a mouse/cursor function?  If so no you cannot because the LG Gossip does not have an actual cursor.  It just has an arrow that resembles a cursor, but does not have the actual mobility of a mouse cursor.  It might be saying that the page is too large because it exceeds the capabilities of the mobile internet browser of the phone.