Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 One Texting Problems.

LadyKerrigan
I'm a participant level 2

Hey everyone,

I have recently switched over to Fido and was wondering if anyone else is currently experiencing this problem with their LG G7 One..  

The problem: My messages either don't send, or I'm sending 4-5 of the same message to recipients. I am also sending phantom Chinese text messages.

I have done everything I possibly can to inform Fido of this situation in store. I have also received a replacement of the same phone, and I have also sent the phone in for repair but the problem persists. 

It's definitely the phone because my boyfriend put his sim card in my device and started to experience the same problem. I don't think I should be experiencing problems such as this as I have only been with Fido for a month. I am told it's now now an LG issue, but they aren't doing much to help either.

Anyone, help? I don't know what to do at this point.

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @LadyKerrigan

Welcome to the community Smiley 

I understand how inconvenient it can be to be experiencing this with your text messages.

The first step would be to eliminate any corrupt data that the text messaging app might have accumulated as this could be causing the problem.  

• From the Home screen, tap Settings.
  • Tap the ‘General’ tab > Apps & notifications.
  • Tap App info.
  • Tap the filter to select the following: All, Enabled, Disabled
  • Tap the desired app, then Storage.
  • Tap Clear cache or Clear Data then YES.

Keep us posted to see if this helps! 

LadyKerrigan

Thank you.

I tried that last week, and it worked temporarily, then I factory reset my phone and it worked for 2 days before the problem started again. 

I've tried everything and I don't know what else to do in regard to this problem. Do I have to fork out a whole bunch of money to purchase a new phone because LG nor Fido are providing any solutions at this point. 

Thanks,

Rebecca.

Hey @LadyKerrigan

I'll send you a PM so we can look into this together.

Talk to you soon!