cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G Pad III 8.0

dgarewal
I'm a participant level 2

Can I use my LG G Pad Messaging app for sending and receiving text message without incurring extra charges?

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

dgarewal

Thank you all for your answers. Appreciated as you have answered my question.

@dgarewal wrote:

Thank you all for your answers. Appreciated as you have answered my question.

Hello again,

I'm glad you found the answers you were looking for.

I apologise for all of the pettiness that ensued.

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@dgarewal

The tablet data plans are not designed to be used for making regular calls and text messaging but it can be done because the plan have a number attached to it but you will incure heavy charges. You can use whatsapp to message your contacts providing they also have whatsapp installed that way you use your data and would not incur any extra charges.

In addition to the $.25 cents for local text and $.45 cents for international text you will be charged $1 per minute for local calls.

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

charged $1 per minute for local calls...

Hello,

I don't think you can make calls through Fido with the tablet. You might be able to pair your phone to your tablet with QPair, though it would only send a notification of the call to the tablet.

As mentioned above, if you do wish to use your tablet as a phone, there are a number of apps available. However, they will require Wifi or mobile data rather than count as call minutes through Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

@Cawtau wrote:

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

charged $1 per minute for local calls...

Hello,

I don't think you can make calls through Fido with the tablet. You might be able to pair your phone to your tablet with QPair, though it would only send a notification of the call to the tablet.

As mentioned above, if you do wish to use your tablet as a phone, there are a number of apps available. However, they will require Wifi or mobile data rather than count as call minutes through Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hello,

Please read the entire post I was informing him about the capabilities of the plan and not the tablet. 

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

Please read the entire post I was informing him about the capabilities of the plan and not the tablet. 

Hello,

Please read the OP's post. They were enquring about the tablet specifically. Providing a response to their post with information regarding calling costs -- without specifying otherwise -- implies that it is possible to make/receive cellular calls with the tablet. It is possible the OP misunderstands your intention since you didn't make that distinction in your earlier post.

Cheers

@Cawtau wrote:

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

Hello,

Please read the OP's post. They were enquring about the tablet specifically. Providing a response to their post with information regarding calling costs -- without specifying otherwise -- implies that it is possible to make/receive cellular calls with the tablet. It is possible the OP misunderstands your intention since you didn't make that distinction in your earlier post.

Cheers

Hello, 

I did read the OP's post he was inquiring about using his tablet messaging app to send and receive text messages and if he would incure extra charges for doing that. If you read your own reply you mention that the data only plan do not have any call minutes or SMS/MMS. 

My reply which you can't seem to accept because you want to highlight one line and take it out of context and then assume for the OP is about the plan and not the tablet, given the data plans for tablet is not designed with any free minutes or text it is still capable of doing it at a cost which I was informing the OP again about the plans capabilities and not the tablet.

I will not continue this any further with you.

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@dgarewal wrote:

Can I use my LG G Pad Messaging app for sending and receiving text message without incurring extra charges?

Hello Dgarewal,

Welcome to the community!

Assuming you have one of the data only plans (ie $15/mt 3Gb), those plans do not include any call minutes or SMS/MMS. You will not incur any extra charges when you receive text messages. However, sending SMS costs 25¢ per message sent from Canada to a Canadian wireless number or 45¢ per message sent from Canada to a US or international wireless carrier (see here).

**edit** Sending MMS to a Canadian wireless customer costs 50¢, while to a US or International wireless customer cost 75¢ (see here). Again, you will not incur any extra charges when receiving MMS while in Canada. Note however, roaming data charges would apply when outside of Canada**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers