cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my purchased phone "to keep" ot "to return" ?

salimdellali
I'm a participant level 2

Good Morning,

I purchased a new phone with Fido, but I forgot if I will keep the phone after paying off the debt, or if I should return it to Fido at the end.

Please, where can I find this information?

2 REPLIES 2

salimdellali

Thank you very much, I got the answer I was looking for, Happy New Year 2024

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Salimdellali,

Welcome to the community!

Unlike some of the other providers, Fido does not currently offer any lease-type financing options. All of the devices with Fido's Payment Program options are fully paid if the contract is run to completion. You would not need to return the device at the end of the contract.

It should be noted, however, if a contract is ended prematurely, you would be responsible for the remaining balance of the device. With many of the device offers, Fido does not actually discount the cost of the device. Rather, they provide a monthly credit to off-set the device cost. That monthly credit is applied to the bill and not device financing cost. The device cost shown in promotions and on the website are usually calcuated after bill credit

It would be important to note that the monthy financing fee does not actually change, though. If you choose to end the contract early, you would still be required to pay the total remaining balance of the device. The remaining monthly credits would no longer apply.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers