cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone unlocking under contract

cellarboy
I'm a participant level 3

Telus announced today that they are allowing users to unlock their iphones whilst still under contract. Is there any chance Fido will follow suite? I think it's rather sad I have to wait another 18 months to be able to qualify for an unlock and have had to go so far as to buy a second phone for travel to be able to use local SIM cards.

Regards.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoCristina
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it  Wink

The good news is that currently Fido can unlock phones after 90 days in a contract. There will be a 50$ fee and the contract will continue to be valid.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

FidoStephane

Hit there cellarboy

For the time being we have no news on upcoming changes to the phone unlocking policy.  

cellarboy
I have to say this policy needs to change or I'll be terminating my contract with fido once it ends. Just got back from a trip to the uk and was forced to *buy* a phone locally to avoid roaming charges, whilst my girlfriend happily purchased a 15 pounds microsim and enjoyed local rates and unlimited data usage courtesy of Telus unlocking her in contract iPhone. Please reconsider this silly rule,