cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 8 to RDP

kaugustino
I'm a participant level 3

So i recently upgraded from a iphone 6 to 8. Ios 11. I use a rdp client to access some remote servers. They use port 5900 tcp. Up in till about 2 months ago i could acces it off cell data (legacy 6gb data plan) I now have a 8gb data plan but i can only access it over wifi. Some things i have tried.

In the realvnc client on the iphone, i turned off proxy settings

i checked on multiple servers they do not even register a connection.

I used a port checker site while on cell data. 5900 shows up as closed.

Any suggestions, other than using a different client?

7 REPLIES 7

FidoKenny

Hey @kaugustino

From what you said, 2 months ago you were able to use the RDP to connect to servers with an older IOS version, am I right?

Also, I'm sure that switching from a 6GB to 8GB plan wouldn't affect your access to those servers.

Did you try to restore your phone on Itunes then try again to see if you might get a different result?

kaugustino

I moved from the Iphone 6 to iphone 8 via itunes encripted backup. OS version was the same on both phones.

Hey @kaugustino,

Can you try restoring to the factory settings and testing it without the backup to see if you notice any difference? 

kaugustino

No thanks, i am not going to do a factory restore. Is there a test i can run to see if theres a block on it network wise?

I just dont get why switching wifi off would do it. With every other setting the same. Im sure it was working at one time. But im not exactly sure.

Hey @kaugustino

I have no test that I can do on my end for that.

A factory restore of your device could reset your settings and might fix the issue.

At the same time, you can make sure to back up your device before the doing the restore to make sure you don't lose your information.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kaugustino,

Welcome to the Community!

Tough question, this is not our area of expertise but we'll definitely try to help! 

If you put your SIM in the iPhone 6 are you able to access the remote servers? Did you compare how it's set up on your iPhone 6 vs. the iPhone 8? 

@Community, anyone experienced this? 

kaugustino

No idea, my old phone currently has a busted screen so i cant look. Plus i doubt that matters as the settings are the same. cell data for it is enabled.

It will not even try connecting on the server end. To me it looks like its port blocked on cell data. Once on wifi no issues. Nothing special for dns on my wifi either.