cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4s - browser problem

lilkatie
I'm a participant level 2

Suddenly, i am unable to open the sites UFC.ca or UFC.com and get a message "safari could not open this page because the server could not be found." These are my fave sites and I had been able to open them on my phone before until a few weeks ago. I am able to open the sites on my PC. As well, I used several other browsers on my iphone in case it was a safari problem, but they also woild not open them with a message "this page cannot be opened because the server cannot be found." Since it opens on my PC and will not open on my phone but all other sites open, I feel the problem is not my ISP and not a browser problem, but a problem specifically with the iphone. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for solutions? I have already tried shutting down my phone and restarting it and I have reset my network settings on the phone and the problem remains. Thank you for any and all suggestions.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Hi there lilkatie

What trouble shooting steps have you taken? 

Did you reset the network settings?  Did you ensure cellular data was On?

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

I just tried it and got the same "Cannot Open Page" error message. ufc.ca forwards to m.ufc.ca then the error message appears. Looks like it's a problem with UFC's website because every other website I visit loads no problem. Give it some time for UFC to work out this bug and rest assured, it's not your iPhone acting up Smiley

lilkatie
What you said about it being a UFC problem and not the fault of my iPhone makes sense - I just heard in the news today that the UFC site had been hacked into so this is likely due to that. Thank you so much for putting my mind at ease about this as it was driving me nuts trying to figure out the problem.

(I'm trying to give you a 👍but it doesn't seem to be taking.)