cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 4 "NO SERVICE" HELP !!!

KatyOemagire
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi i currently just activated an iphone 4 & ever since i activated it.. it has been saying 'No service" or "searching" sometimes the bars pop up but then just dissaper again .. i`m starting to get really fustrated with this situation .. the carrier is fido 14.0 & the version is 6.1.2 (10B146) please help me .. 

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi KatyOemagire,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I'd suggest contacting customer service to see if the right SIM card is active. It's hard to troubleshoot this type of issue without having access to your account.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. Before contacting Fido or going to an Apple store, you can try out the troubleshooting steps below which works on any iPhone no matter the model. All of the steps will get the phone to search and connect to the Fido's network.

Try each till you find the one that works for you.

• Set Airplane mode ON and OFF 
  • Turn IPhone OFF and ON
  • Hold the Power and Home Button Together. release both button once the Apple Logo appears.
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.(data will NOT get deleted from the Phone)
  • Settings > Carrier > Manual Network Search > Select Fido
  • Try the SIM Card in a different compatible device to validate whether if it's a SIM Card issue or a phone issue

If it's a SIM Card Issue then a new SIM Card can be purchased at any Fido store $10 + tax. And if the SIM card does work on a different device then bring the IPhone to an Apple store to Further troubleshoot it or replace it if necessary.

Hope this helps!