cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 15 pro Backorder

tguimaraes
I'm a participant level 2

I placed an order for the Iphone 15 pro on 09/21. It was supposed to start shipping on 09/22.

So far I haven't received any tracking number and I have no idea what is the ETA for my phone. Fido is providing conflicting messages.

- When I check the status on Fido's website, it says backorder, but when I talk to customer services they say the status is "product received at warehouse", and it will be shipped in 48h.

- The chat on Fido's website says that I won't be charged until it's shipped, but my credit card was already charged.

While other retailers are updating their ETAs, no one at Fido can let me know if I will receive my phone in the next days or in more than 30 days (Based on ETA from Apple's website)

13 REPLIES 13

adas13
I'm a participant level 1

I had ordered my phone on December 26, During ordering it was showing it will get dispatched with in 2 to 5 business days. But till now I did not get any shipping details and it shows back ordered. And Fido's customer service is so bad that they don't have an ETA. You could have atleast mentioned before ordering that phones are out of stock and it might get delayed. I could have ordered from some other retailers. And I had ordered during boxing day sale, so I can't even cancel or change my order as offer will be invalid. I am requesting you to please provide an ETA atleast that when my order can be dispatched. And please don't provide an excuse that this phone is in extremely high demand right now. If other retailers can provide an ETA why you cannot?

Hi there @adas13

Sorry to hear the device you ordered is currently out of stock. 

The standard delay for inventory replenishment is approximately 4 weeks. 

We apologize for the wait  

Zaildar

Sept 17 ordered nothing yet. Fido is acting like they don't care no ETA or anything. 

Hey @Zaildar,

I definitely understand how exciting it can be to receive your new phone and that not receiving precise details on delivery can be unpleasant. This phone is in extremely high demand which means that it can take longer for us to receive enough units to fulfile all orders. You'll receive an e-mail as soon as yours is ready! 

FidoNajat

Hey @tguimaraes! We definitely understand how it can be disappointing to have to wait longer than expected for your order. Many of our phones are in extremely high demand at the moment and we're doing our best to keep up! Keep in mind that you won't be charged your monthly device cost before your phone is shipped!

Darkfenix54

I can appreciate the fact that we're not being charged for the phone until we get the phone, but why is the plan activated immediately when until I have the phone in my hands I am a BYOD user. I might not get my device until a 3 weeks for now so that could be an entire month I am a BYOD user and not a contract user. My partner is with Bell and her new plan was not activated until she had the phone in her hands and had installed the sim card. 

danny__boy
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

I'm in the same boat as you guys.

imojlish

Me too.

EkaSharma

Same story. Placed my order on Sep 22 and constantly checking the status. 
Ask Jack says it is backordered andyhe ETA is unavailable.

Customer service people say that order is received at warehouse and will be delivered shortly.

I am so frustrated as I am leaving country next week and wanted to gift the phone which I suppose I am never receiving before my flight. 

jastej23

I placed my order on 09/15 and have the same amount of information as you 😕 .... fido needs to be up-front and honest. 

Kalia

Hi tgujmaraes , I as well never received a tracking number .. feeling worried , I've put a down payment to reduce my monthly payment , no where on the app shows my purchase of the phone .hope  Fido can read this !

asebs

It's the same for me. I ordered on Sept 15 and no update until now. Fido customer service reps sucks

Hello @asebs and @imojlish,

We understand how disappointing it can be to have to wait longer than expected for your device. This phone is in extremely high demand right now so it's possible can take a bit longer to receive. You'll receive any information regarding the shipment by e-mail.