cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 13. Reservation or pre order

andyb0207
I'm a contributor level 2

I pre-ordered the new iphone 13 pro max yesterday. And was just wondering what was the difference between pre-ordering or using the reservation system ?

5 REPLIES 5

djbuddha
I'm a participant level 1

I reserved 2 iPhone 13 Pro Max's on launch morning - September 18th (store pickup)

My 1 TB Sierra Blue has me listed as 'OPEN' 3rd in line

the 256 GB is listed as being as 'OPEN' 24th in line

No tracking number yet, wondering if it's back-ordered.  And getting into the reservation status page is a disaster.  Anybody have any insight?  Figured I would have received at least one of them now (ordered at 8 AM that morning).

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @andyb0207,

If I'm not mistaken with pre-orders you are paying for the phone at the time it's shipped, and it's yours. If it's shipped to a store, it's saved for you and can't be sold to anyone else, It's already yours. 

Reserved phones are not paid for in advance and are not specifically assigned to anyone. The stores get an allotment for the reserve customers but if you show up late, any leftover reserved phones are released to other customers, first come, first served.

Bobafett

I ordered on the 21st and got a confirmation email on the 24th. But no tracking yet.  I wonder is there is going to be a backorder on them???

andyb0207

Yes I did but a couple days later. I pre-ordered September 19 and got the confirmation email 4 days later. I did receive my phone on launch day (friday).

lovishgoyal

Did you get confirmation email for your order?