cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian Oppp F11

Rajeevanfm
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi , I am a Canadian now i am visiting in chennai india, I like to buy a phone in here . Its Oppo F11 . I need to know will it work on fido network specially 4G and LTE . Here people are saying it will work but i have to conform with fido. Pls let know before buy. I will be here another 3 days so pls reply soon

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rajeevanfm,

Welcome to the community!

These appear to be the band and frequency specifications for that particular version of phone:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
WCDMA: Bands 1/5/8
LTE FDD: Bands 1/3/5/8
LTE TDD: Bands 38/40/41(2535-2655MHz)

~ taken from Oppo India website, here.

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have both of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and only one compatible band/frequency for '3G'. Unfortunately, that phone does not have any compatible bands/frequencies for LTE. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

While the phone should work on th 2G and '3G' networks, coverage would depend on your location relative to your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here. You should note, however, that Rogers intends to decommission the 2G GSM network by December 31st, 2020 (see here). After that date, the phone would only be compatible with one '3G' band/frequency. Limited compatibility would likely affect the usability of the device.

There may be other versions of that device which may or may not have differing band/frequency specifications. However, the likely version you would find on your visit would be the same as listed on that website.

Not what you wanted to hear, but hope this helps 😀

Cheers