cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need my iPhone unlocked asap

sandhu123
I'm a contributor level 1

Probably my worst luck thus far, deciding to cancel plans during a promo weekend. I have been trying to reach someone on social media, 611, online chat, and I have not been able to get through. I just need my phone unlocked. I will not consistently be in the country over the next couple months and just needed some help getting this done. Some of my friends had said Fido can do this and I double checked other forums and it seems like it's possible. I am flying out tomorrow evening and would love if this can be done sooner than later. Please help Sad 

Just a quick FYI: I did not cancel because I was dissatisfied - all the reps have been extremely helpful over the years, and I've been with FIdo for a very long time. My contract is terminating next summer and it just did not make much sense to keep this phone plan if I wouldn't even be in the country to use it - I figured it would be cheaper to just cancel. I'm just hating myself for not requesting that it be unlocked sooner Sad

13 REPLIES 13

Momenpour
I'm a participant level 2

I am trying to reach a representative to talk to for unlocking my phone since 2 weeks ago from Iran and it costed me about $ 150 because I was being kept hold by the operator on the phone for like 10 minutes each time and no one has answered. Also live chat has the same problem. Is there some one there or not. what a pitty supporting!

Hey there @Momenpour

We're really sorry for the wait times. I'll PM you now so we can unlock your phone. 

sandhu123

Thank you @FidoStephane for your help and response - it is busy and understandable, but thank you for getting to us as well! Smiley 

Momenpour

I didn't receive any answer from fido. I will change to another operator as soon as possible. Fido is he worst operator I have ever seen. They sold unlock phone which is not working out of Canada and no one is answering. 

sandhu123

Update: no response from anyone from Fido since Tuesday. I'm still 100% aware of how popular and busy the lines and reps are but...seriously, this is beyond an inconvenience. I've tried every social media platform and it just shouldn't take this long, it really shouldn't. I appreciate the work everyone is doing but 4 full days and nothing? As someone who has stuck by Fido for as long as I have, I need a response now. I've given all the information required to get my phone unlocked, could someone who has the authority to complete the unlocking process, please PM me. 

Hey @sandhu123

Really sorry for the delay.

We are getting way more requests than usual right now, which is the reason of this long waiting time.

We received your PM. Talk to you soon.

Aharnish
I'm a participant level 1

Probably my worst experience with customer service ever.

1.5 hours waiting time on the phone!

online chat does not ever work !

9:07 AM  Connecting...
9:07 AM  Connected. A Fido representative will be with you shortly.

Horidle attitude to the customers!

I have been trying to reach someone on social media, 611, online chat, and I have not been able to get through. I just need my phone unlocked.

Hi @Aharnish!

Were you finally able to reach someone? Let me know.

agusdrink75
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I need to unlock my iphone because i go to vacation to mexico. 611 too much time for waiting ....

Someone help me 

please...

Hi @agusdrink75!

Were you finally able to reach someone to get your phone unlocked? If not, please send me a private message with your phone number and IMEI.

Thanks. Smiley

sandhu123

Thank you for your help @FidoKenny - I appreciate it very much! Smiley 

Mm1520

Hi Sandhu 123,

I have the same situation as you. I need to unlock my phone cause I'm leaving the country.  I keep on calling 611 , chat with them but no one is answering the phone. Were you able to unlock it? 

Any advise pls. 

Thank you

sandhu123

Hi Mm1520, 

So a few people had responded to me on the various platforms yesterday evening but the responses involved them requiring information - which makes sense. I have not heard from them since I provided the additional information, but I am hoping to get a solution today because I am leaving later in the evening. So I feel I am headed in the right direction with getting help but it's just a slow, albeit understandable process. 

I think it's Amazon that does this but their customer service is interesting because you leave your phone number with them and you essentially get into a que. They phone you back when they get to you. It seems to be the most simple and far from chaotic way to address customer service inquiries, and I think phone companies could have benefited from implementing something similar - especially this past weekend. Regardless, I'm sure they're all working as hard as they can right now, I would be pretty exhausted myself if I was a Rogers/Bell/Telus rep right now.

Just continue to message, I suppose. I'm sure they can understand why everyone is on edge...