cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Mini Voicemail on iPhone 5 ??

archc22
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

So I tried holding down 1 on the touchscreen, it does not work.. what's the proper procedure for iPhone that has mini voicemail and not VVM

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@archc22 wrote:

So I tried holding down 1 on the touchscreen, it does not work.. what's the proper procedure for iPhone that has mini voicemail and not VVM

Hey arch22,

You may need to store a different voicemail centre number for your phone. Now, it would depend on where you are located. You can find the different voicemail retrieval numbers here.

To program the number to reach the voicemail   
*5005*86*xxx#   (xxx is voicemail center number - specific to your region / voicemail feature)

Hope this helps.

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. It seems that the Link to check the voicemail retrieval number provided by 

Steps to program the Voicemail retrieval number:

• iPhone: Dial *5005*86*+16478396178# (may not work on alliPhone models). 
    • Dial *5005*86*+14168216549# if the above does not work. (may not work on all iPhone models). 
    • This is only for customers without Visual Voicemail

Hope this helps!

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Have you tried tapping the Voicemail tab in the Phone app? Before having any kind of voicemail, it was would display "Unable to connect to voicemail. Call provider for assistance." whenever I tapped on the Voicemail tab. Now having Mini Voicemail I simply tap on the Voicemail tab and it starts calling voicemail. It simply starting working after I signed up for mini voicemail. First time you do it you have to pick a passcode to access voicemail, record a message, etc. If it is a Fido-branded handset (not unlocked) the correct Voicemail Retrieval number should be already setup. Worst comes to worst, call up Fido for FREE by dialing 6-1-1 from your Fido phone.