cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to switch service to new iPhone???

mristi
I'm a participant level 2

I got my new iphone today and the associate switched my phone and told me it's about 2 hours behind in switching over the info and serive to the new phone.

She said I would be without a phone for 2 hours- it has now been 3.5 hours and I have no phone to use.

How long did it take for everyone else?

It's just showing no service... does it just start working at any moment??

What's up??!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

bonafide11

I was told 2 hours too and it took just under 2 hours for me. I put mine on Airplane Mode for a minute then back to normal mode and it found the network. 

mristi

thanks for reply.

Ya-it's up and running now. I had to turn it off and on...only to find out that I can barely hear through that earpiece!!

I put my volume up all the way and couldn't hear the other end-very faint.

I'm soo pissed!

Hey everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it. New IPhone releases can cause activation delay due to high usage of the system via all of Fido's Channels. If you ever so happen to go over the delay given for the device to connect to the network then you can follow the steps mention below so to get the phone to search & connected to the network.

• Set Airplane Mode ON & OFF (if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Turn Phone OFF & ON (if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Hold Power & the Home button together. Release both ONLY after the Apple Logo appear. (if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Settings > General > Reset > Reset network Settings. (if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Settings > Carrier > Manually search Network then select Fido. (if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Try the SIM Card on a different compatible device if possible. ((if doesn't work try the next step)
  • Contact Fido customer service or Live Chat to make sure the SIM Card was activated. 

Hope this helps!