cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this possible?? Position #57 and Status still says OPEN

DjSticky
I'm a contributor level 1

I am currently #57 for a white iPhone 64GB and my status is still set to OPEN.

I see other people with diffrent size or color getting IN PROGRESS or SHIPPED. I am starting to think I won't get the phone on Friday.

Are you telling me there are less than 57 white 64GB iPhones available for Fido in all of Canada?

This just doesnt make sense... 

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

DjSticky

I can't beleive how badly Fido screwed up. Let alone how they were actually considering not ordering 32GB or 64GB models! Are we actually considered lower class customers than Rogers?

nreeves
I'm a contributor level 2

Regretting cancelling my apple order?! 

nreeves

I am position 20 for a white 64GB and am still open.  My guess is they do not have the phones?!

morggo

I completely agree with that theory. To date, nobody with a reservation for iPhone 32 ou 64 had their status change to "in progress". I think they never ordered 32s or 64s from Apple, realized after the fact that there was sufficient interest for these models, changed their policy, handcuffed us by pretending that it was a simple mistake, and now we have to wait until they receive their shipment of 32s and 64s... which will probably happen in 2-3 weeks based on the preorders happening at Apple right now.

Mine was 64 white, and I'm #31.

ultima-forsan
I have a iPhone 32GB and my reservation is in progress since yesterday. It hasn't been shipped yet.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@morggo wrote:

I completely agree with that theory. To date, nobody with a reservation for iPhone 32 ou 64 had their status change to "in progress". I think they never ordered 32s or 64s from Apple, realized after the fact that there was sufficient interest for these models, changed their policy, handcuffed us by pretending that it was a simple mistake, and now we have to wait until they receive their shipment of 32s and 64s... which will probably happen in 2-3 weeks based on the preorders happening at Apple right now.

Mine was 64 white, and I'm #31.

Actually, they were pretty clear that they didn't order any 32GB or 64GB models as Fido was not going to be selling them at all. They reversed that decision, but I imagine that Rogers initial order would have barely enough for their needs let alone now dividing that between them and Fido. Also, Apple makes and ships more 16GB because that has always been the most popular model.So even if Rogers/Fido wanted to place a new, larger order, it probably wouldn't be possible so close to launch.

morggo

I would have appreciated a bit more clarification last friday, when Fido announced that 32/64 are now available for reservations, like saying that the units were just preordered and might take a while before it starts to ship.

Also, I think Fido should announce (either by Twitter, by website, by voice call, etc.) that iPhone 32 and iPhone 64 will not be available in Fido stores this Friday (or just a handful of units), so people will not have to wait in line needlessly.

ultima-forsan
The only option is to wait in line at a Apple Store?

Hakan
I'm #13 for a black iphone 5 64GB and my status still set to open , to my understanding Fido never had the higher end models at the beginning and once they realize people start cancelling their agreements in order to keep the customer they opened up the options to reserve without having anything other than the 16gb models, so we will be receiving our phone more likely a week later if we are lucky, they screwed it up big time with iphone 5's launch.