cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I activate voice dialling on my Galaxy Q?

Stockyone
I'm a participant level 2

When I press the microphone icon, I get a message that says Connection Problem. Do I need a data plan in order to use voice dialling??

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Stockyone,

A data add-on is certainly not required to use voice dialling. This would be a phone feature and should work just fine as long as you have reception. Has it worked before? When you tried, were you in an area where you normally have reception?

Stockyone

According to a technical rep at Fido, I have to have data turned on in order to use voice dialling. Since I don't have a data plan, I keep data turned off, as I don't know how much keeping it on for purposes of voice dialling would cost me.

FidoStephen

@Stockyone wrote:

According to a technical rep at Fido, I have to have data turned on in order to use voice dialling. Since I don't have a data plan, I keep data turned off, as I don't know how much keeping it on for purposes of voice dialling would cost me.

You can certainly enable data to use voice dialling. You will not incur any data charges as we no longer bill data on a pay per use basis. If you don't have a data add-on and you try to use the internet or a feature that reqyuires internet access, you will be prompted to add a data day pass or a data add-on.