cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I unlock my iphone4?

xbbyang
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

3 months ago,my friend gave me an iphone 4 which is locked to Fido and then I used my own Fido sim card  on it. But I will back to China on next month and want to continous using this phone. How can I unlock it? 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@xbbyang wrote:

3 months ago,my friend gave me an iphone 4 which is locked to Fido and then I used my own Fido sim card  on it. But I will back to China on next month and want to continous using this phone. How can I unlock it? 

Hey Everyone! 

I just saw this thread and I thought I'd provide some more up-to-date information about the unlocking procedure in case anyone else were to come across this. :smileyhappy:

- Now, to unlock your device, your account must be in good standing and must satisfy one of the following criteria:

• If you received a rebate associated with a Fido agreement on your Fido device, that device must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
    • If you personally purchased your device from Fido and did not receive any rebate on it, then it must be registered in your account.
    • If you purchased your device from a third party, it must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.

- A $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) applies. It will appear on your next invoice or will be deducted from your Prepaid balance.

- Unlocking your device via Fido will not void your manufacturer’s warranty.

- Only Fido devices can be unlocked by Fido. If you have an unlocked device from another carrier, see how to configure it to work with Fido.

- Unlocking your device will not terminate your Fido service or Fido Agreement, all aspects of your service remain unchanged.

I hope this helps! 

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@xbbyang wrote:

If your friend canceled his account or has upgraded to another phone with Fido, then the contract obligations on the phone should be fulfilled. In that case, you or he can call Fido and request the phone be unlocked for $50. If the contract that was taken with the phone is still in place, then he can call Fido, pay the remaining termination fee and then request the phone be unlocked for another $50.

jekyl
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Go to any small cell store. They usually unlock for $10-$15. I had a Rogers Galaxy S3 unlocked for free as I was getting some other stuff there.