Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please!!!

SJames1
I'm a participant level 2

Hello there!

I'm hoping someone can help me ...my daughter dropped her phone in water.  She put the phone in rice for 24 hrs but now it won't turn back on.  We bought a new phone last night and because her old phone won't turn on, she can't get the info onto her new phone.

Does anyone have any helpful hints on how we can get the info from her old phone to her new phone?  TIA

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @SJames1,

Welcome to the community!

What is the make and model of the phone that was damaged? If the device was not being backed up then there is no way to get the data back if the device would not turn on. I would suggest you let it dry off for a longer period before trying to charge and power it back on.

What is the make and model of the new device she got? Maybe the community can help with suggestions on how to keep the new device backed up to help minimize data loss in the future.

SJames1

Hi KAPABLE-K,

The make and model of the phone that won't turn on is Samsung A50.

The phone she just got is Samsung S20 FE.

Thank you for your suggestion.  We will definitely it.

Hello again @SJames1,

If it was summer I would have suggested you leave the phone in the car for a week and let it dry out well, you can try doing the same but leave it close to a heater and let it dry out well before charging it.

I believe both of those devices can use a microSD card I would suggest you take advantage of that in the new phone and set your camera to save all photos to the SD card instead of the internal storage.

Also, you can set the phone to backup data such as text messages, settings, and app data to your Google or Samsung account, see here and here for more info.

SJames1

Thank you very much for your help! We will try your suggestions