cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handsfree stereo headset suggestions?

Rusty
I'm a participant level 3

Looking for earbuds compatible with a Sony Ericsson Cedar. Wired or Bluetooth, either's fine. All suggestions welcome.

The bundled buds are hardly great, and lack functionality beyond having a mic. I'm looking for something that gives me controls (back/forward/pause/stop/volume) for my music player, as well as a mic with the ability to answer & end calls from the headset. Sound quality is paramount (doesn't have to be -amazing-, but needs to be solid at the very least), both for music (especially bass) and for calls. Another important factor is comfort during extended use, not interested in hard buds.

Price range is... variable. I guess I'm looking mostly in the 50-100$ range, but less or more is acceptable under the right circumstances (less for a cheap pair, if they're vaguely decent, and on sale, for example; more for amazing quality, which I might use for other things).

Thanks in advance!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJenny
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello Rusty,

I would suggest the Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth wireless stereo headset.

You should be able to purchase it online for around $50.00.

Click on the Link below to check out Sony's latest headsets & pricing.

http://store.sony.ca/headphones-earbuds/cat-31-catid-Headphones-and-Earbuds

Let me know if you need more information.

Rusty

Thank you for your suggestion, Jenny.

I've looked at the MW600, and it looks like quite the versatile little gadget. I admit it's at the top of my list, right now.

One of the concerns I have about it, though, is the quality of the bundled earbuds; I suspect I'll feel the need to buy some proper buds to go with it, which would drive up the price.

If I could find it online for 50$, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I've seen it for that price, but in the US only. The best I've found for Canada is 70$ on eBay (including shipping). Both Future Shop and Best Buy ask for 99$.

If anyone knows where I could get it in Canada (or shipped to Canada) for closer to 50$ than 70$, that would be much appreciated.

Suggestions for decent buds to go with it (or for something else entirely different, while I'm at it) would also be most welcome.

Thanks!