cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC one S wifi Issues

Fidouser154
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I got this this unit just last night on renewal. when i got home i connected it to wifi, then i try using the youtube app on the phone it freezes, i try to refresh it still does not work(wifi connected) I try charging the coz it might be power issues but when it was fully charged it does the same thing. i was able to DL a few apps but i have to turn off and turn on the wife on my phone for it to operate. hoping for you fast response.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey Fidouser154!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

You say that you are having issues while on WiFi. Does the problem persist when you are on our network?

If it does, there may be something wrong with the phone and you may want to get it exchanged or repaired.

If it does not, then, the issue could be with the WiFi network. I would suggest contacting the internet service provider for the wireless connection for further assistance.

Let us know!

Cablecop54
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

HTC one S wifi issues. The wifi on my phone was working correctly when I first got it then I it just stopped. The issue is not with the service provider Shaw Cable. My wife and daughters android phones both connect to the wifi. The phone will connect wifi via access points like Shaw Go wifi or at Starbucks. The phone grabs an IP address from the router it just will not let the phone surf. I have logged into the router and it shows the MAC address of the phone. (I am a service tech who works for Shaw) I have tried everything to get it to connect short of the reset to factory default.

@FidoJudhy wrote:
Hey Fidouser154!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

You say that you are having issues while on WiFi. Does the problem persist when you are on our network?

If it does, there may be something wrong with the phone and you may want to get it exchanged or repaired.

If it does not, then, the issue could be with the WiFi network. I would suggest contacting the internet service provider for the wireless connection for further assistance.

Let us know!

Should your device still be under warranty you can bring into a Fido store to have it sent for repair,