cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One S with Jelly Bean -- battery dies overnight

wardpa
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

At least 3 times since the Jelly Bean "upgrade" my phone has died overnight -- WHILE IT WAS POWERED OFF. Ok, makes no sense, I know.  But I live in the boonies of N. Ontario, no Fido coverage at my house. So I turn the phone off (power it down from the menu) when I get home, start it up again when I drive into cell range again the next day.  At least 3 times since the JB upgrade phone has been totally dead the next morning -- won't boot up at all.  Have to charge it for 15 mins before it will start.

So, maybe once I forgot to turn it off and the battery drained searching for the network all night. Might have forgot twice. But yesterday I distinctly remember powering the phone off - and had half battery life remaining - and this AM it was dead. Any one else having this experience?

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Community: Anyone experiencing this situation since the update?

@ wardpa: Have you tried a factory reset on the phone since you have started experiencing this issue? If so, did it help?

jagrant
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

make sure you have turned off wi_-fi connection as that will drain your battery fast.  It's under settings.