cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD symbol next to LTE

CHRFritschi
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This may sound like a dumb question. I did put it the the search engine and nothing pulled up.

Just changed over from BELL Mobility and noticed that the Network is on LTE and there is a Fido HD symbol next to it.

Can anyone explain what HD means please ? Are you all showing this symbol on your Monytreal Area Fido Network ?

Thanks for your insights.

2 REPLIES 2

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi! Smiley

HD symbol on samsung phones means call uses LTE data to place the call. The voice is more crystal clear. You can disable it in your samsung device parameters.

Have a nice day Smiley

And you can select me as the best answer if you want Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello CHRFritschi,

Welcome to the community!

What phone do you have? Many symbols are phone model specific. From what I have come across, a HD symbol often refers to high-definition voice calling (see here). Typically those calls would be transmitted via the LTE networks (voice-over LTE or voLTE).

Most phones would standby in the best available data connection -- usually LTE in most cases. Since that network is strictly for data, using a device not supported for voLTE, all calls would need to fall-back to the 2G or '3G' networks for calls. I think that HD symbol indicates that your phone connection would allow for voLTE calls. Other devices might indicate voLTE or provide no symbol at all for voice calls over the LTE network.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers