cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 7.1.2 OTA

siamak__
I'm a contributor level 2

Has anyone received the Android 7.1.2 OTA on their Pixel/XL device?

**Edited to add labels**

121 REPLIES 121

nsang
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Would it make sense to currently remove the "Solved" heading from this thread as the official solution hasn't been provided yet? Looks like it is much more widespread than originally thought and many will be visiting this to find out the fix.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @nsang!

Thanks for the suggestion. We are still looking into this and we will update the thread and solution once we have more information.  Smiley

wren
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
I spoke with Google they said speak to Fido. I spoke to Fido and they said they don't know. What is going on?

zero383
I'm a contributor level 1

I'm also stuck on 7.1.1 with the Feb update. What is going on? I'm not happy.

***Edited for language***

@zero383 We are looking into the issue and we will update the tread once we have more information. Thanks for your understanding on this everyone.

ngga
All you need to do is If you bought it right from Fido take it in to get sent out. I sent my pixel out

simszero

"All you need to do is If you bought it right from Fido take it in to get sent out. I sent my pixel out"

Could you share some details to this?

Did they provide you a warranty replacement phone, or are they simply sending it to google to have it reflashed (did they mention your data will be lost?)

What was the ETA?

Please let us know if you actually get your same physical phone back or if it’s a refurbished model. Google’s usual warranty process is just to provide a refurbished model, you don’t usually get your same phone back.

This may be a concern for some people, especially since there have been lot of reports of poor quality warranty replacements from google.

dan6
What about us saps that bought right from Google 😝 Rogers bricked our phones.

ant1

Need an answer on this issue. This is ridiculous! And unless they give us a loaner while our phones are shipped out it's not an answer. Some of us require our phones for work and they need to be secure.

mach

Any ETA on 7.1.2?

@mach the update was already released but some users did not receive the OTA as yet.

mach

@KAPABLE-K Thanks :). Hopefully I'll get it soon.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @mach, might be a silly quesiton but did you check for the update manually? A few of my colleagues here have the Pixel and they're on 7.1.2.

If it says there are no updates available, I'd suggest contacting Google directly since the update was certified and released. All you need to do is go to Settings and tap on the Support tab.

Let us know how it goes!

mach

@FidoStephen yes I did check for the update manually, still nothing. I will contact Google directly and will update soon. Thanks.

mach

Here is an update....So the google support rep walked me through various troubleshooting process and still nothing.

dan6
@mach

Did Google have you format and restore your phone?

mach
@dan6 yes and still no update.

ngga

i have a solution for all this trouble, for the ones with that porticular build, people should be able take those devices into a fido store and get a exchange for one that actually works and let google deal with all of these devices that are factured. if they want to apply to consumers, don't make consumers doing what nerds do because nerds weren't the primary target for this device.

dan6
Im on the NOF26W build.

I have no idea about side loading and I don't have a computer to use. Guess I'm stuck.

dan6
@mach

Please let us know

simszero

for everyone having this issue, can you check to see if you're on build  NOF26W ?

it looks like this was a build unique to rogers.

I found more info on this on the google product forums. at the moment it looks like a sideload of the new OS is the only option.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/phone-by-google/mQzp...