cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 5 delay

owenofan
I'm a participant level 1

Same situation here and would like to just express my concerns. I called Fido on November 23rd to ask about my current phone plan upgrade options, and about the Pixel 5 Black Friday promotion. The $100 off was very enticing and the Customer Service Representative was very kind - they placed the order and said it would come in less than 5 business days. I then received an email with the purchase confirmation with this information:
You’ll typically get your order within 2 to 5 business days. If you live in a remote area, if it’s a busier time of the year or if you ordered a very popular device, there could be an additional delay. Don’t worry – we’re working as quickly as possible to get your order to you.

The next email received (the hardware order update) on DEC 1ST said: 

Your recent purchase of a  GOOGLE Google Pixel 5 Green, OBERTHUR FIDOTRISIM, is still being processed. When your device leaves our warehouse, we’ll send you an email with a tracking number and courier details.

For complete details about your purchase, please open and review the attached document. Please note that this is the most current information available about your order (it is the same information available to our Customer Care representatives).

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

The fact that you are replying and telling folks to contact customer service when this update shows how little you seem to care about customer satisfaction really bugs me. The second email basically tells us to not even bother contacting customer service, doesn't it? Or at least provide a timeframe to when we can expect our order to be shipped - any update at all really. 

It's been 10 days now, and still no updates at all aside from that one. A bit selfish here, albeit, but my birthday is tomorrow and I really would have liked getting this gift on time. Over to you fido team... please take the time to at least give a better timeline and share what you will do to make up for this utter failure in credibility.

--- also meant to be in reply to the existing forum post, but Fido's website would not let me post 

• de
3 REPLIES 3

nicolegreen0626

Will you be fulfilling orders for new customes as well? I placed an order for two phones (Pixel 5s) on Nov. 21 and I received an order confirmation as well as a notification that the phones are backordered. However, I never received an agreement. When I chatted with a Fido rep he told me you will likely cancel my order. I told him that I didn't want the order to be canceled. I happily wait for the phones as I understand that there is a huge demand and that they are on back order, but I do expect my order to be fulfilled. Does Fido go in order of when the customer (regardless of new customer or existing) placed the order when it comes to fulfillment? I would certainly hope so.

Hey @nicolegreen0626

Don't worry, people who ordered a Pixel 5, whether new customers or existing customers will get their phone! Smiley

FidoLony

Hey @owenofan,

Welcome to the community! 

We do understand the inconvenience this delay causes. 

That said, with the high demand on the Google Pixel 5, this has impacted the available stock and the usual delivery delays.

Rest assured, we're working on getting more stock to fulfill and ship out those pending upgrades.

As of now, the delay for the Google Pixel 5 is of 3-4 weeks. 

We surely apologize for the lack of updates! We do take your feedback and will work towards improving that process.