cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generaly, when are new devices introduced at Fido?

Bones
I'm a participant level 2

As of April 2022, all I can chose from are Samsung phones, alot of iPhones, a bit of Motorolas and other Chinese devices I wouldn't poke with a 10' stick. So, I was hoping to influence Fido to go out there and provide a wider range of devices for their next lineup and to know when new lineups are usually out at Fido.  

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Bones

Thanks Cawtau.  I was afraid of such an answer.  I'll make a choice eventually.  Nonetheless, I apreciate your feedback. Take care. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bones,

Welcome to the community!

While you can certainly suggest certain devices for mobile provider to offer, I think it's unlikely they will be able to cater to such requests. Mobile providers are not in the business of selling devices. they provide services. As such, they wouldn't be able to keep an extensive inventory of different devices. They would only carry inventory on what is generally considered the most popular devices. I understand some customers might consider their intended device as very popular, however, they might still be a relative niche device when considering the general public.

If you would like to purchase a device considered less popular in the general public, you would likely have to obtain it from elsewhere. If you do choose to purchase a device not offered by Fido, you would need to ensure it it compatible with the networks. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. You should also note that certain features (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) would not be supported and will likely not work with that device. If that is the case, the phone would need to fall-back to the 3G or 2G networks for calls. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers