cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to refill prepaid plan before expiry

davidkh7
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi - i am abroad and on a prepaid plan but forgot to refill the prepaid plan before it expired. I'm now returning to canada and would like to refill my prepaid plan but Fido website does not allow it. Does this mean I'm going to lose my current number and would need to register to a new service ?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Davidkh7,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you had forgotten to top-up your account. For how long have you been away? Depending on the duration your account may have been with inadequate funds, it is possible your phone number could have been deactivated.

Prepaid.jpg

~taken from Terms of Service; section 7c.

Is it possible your balance was insufficient for that amount of time? You can find additional information regarding pre-paid accounts here.

If you haven't been away for that long a period, you might need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. However, since you have a pre-paid account, you would likely need to call their dedicated pre-paid team (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers