cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido tethering: connected but no internet

sdafasdfsdfas
I'm a contributor level 1

I have a data plan (10gb) and account in good standing. I had Moto X Play and tethering worked great.

I got a new phone (unlocked LG phoenix 3 2017) and now when I create hotspot, a device can connect to it but there is no internet.

I have already set up the APN (LTEmobile.apn) and data works fine on the phone. Just not the tethering.

I have looked and no posts on this forum definitively solve this issue. Please help, thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Hey @sdafasdfsdfas

Thanks for the update Smiley

I know it's not ideal but the fact is that, as much as we would like to be able to tell you otherwise, we don't have a way to guarantee that any services will work on a non-fido phone, and, that the support that we can offer non-Fido phones is limited. That said, we'd hate to lose you over this. There may still be things that we haven't tried yet. Have you given a factory reset of your device a try to see if that changes anything?

Keep us posted!

sdafasdfsdfas

I appreciate the reply, but I have already spent a lot of time on this (incl full factory reset) only to find it is Fido's network settings that are the roadblock here (since the phone's tethering works fine on other network's APNs).

Apart from Fido updating their APN to allow phones not purchased from Fido to allow tethering, it is likely I will need to end my 10+ years as a Fido customer.

Thanks for replying @sdafasdfsdfas

Just to clarify, we allow tethering on non-Fido phones, but it is possible that the feature might not work on some devices.  In these cases, we'll do troubleshooting with you to try to make things work, but sometimes the service simply doesn't work with your device.  That being said, I've sent you a PM so we could take a second look at your account together.

Talk to you soon!