cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido no connection

PoppaT
I'm a participant level 2

We recently installed a metal roof on our house and use WiFi calling at home because we've lost our cellular connection. This only happens at home.

The problem is when we leave home. The phone doesn't switch from wifi. The network shows Fido no connection. I've enabled "mobile data always active" in developer options but no change. We enable and disable airplane mode when we leave the house but sometimes we forget so I was hoping there might be some other options I could try.

We have Pixel 6a's, with Android 14. Any help would be appreciated. It's an easy fix, I was just looking for something more permanent. I've ordered new Pixel 8's from Fido but they must be on backorder.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello PoppaT,

Welcome to the community!

I understand you have enabled the mobile data always active setting in the developer options. However, had you tried with that setting disabled (see here)?

Alternatively, had you verified the phone is using the correct APN settings (see here)? You can verify the proper APN settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

PoppaT

Thanks, I did try with that setting disabled but no luck. I didn't check the APN, that's next on my list. I'll let you know.