cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO :OnePlus3 VoLTE and WIFI calling

asdkangda
I'm a participant level 2

I am using OnePlus3. In my cellular network setting, I don't even have option to enable VoLTE. As for wifi calling, when I enable the wifi calling, wifi is automatically turned off right after I enable it. Anyone know how to set up Volte and wifi calling on Oneplus3?  I asked tech support and they said they don't know why. Thank you

**Edited to add label**

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@asdkangda VoLTE is only supported on certain phones and your phone is not one of them, because your phone is not a Fido phone getting the WiFi calling to work is no guarantee.

asdkangda

When Fido goona support non-fido phones?

credmau5
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3
In general, carriers can only offer official support for the phones they sell. There are thousands of different phones out there and it would be logistically impossible to train staff on every possible phone available on the market.

I am using a OnePlus Two, and regularly check websites and forums dedicated to the OnePlus series for help and answers about the phone.

Fido provides your sim card and wireless service, but your unlocked phone is your responsibility to set up and confirm it works with the features you want on whichever network you choose. There's a wealth of info online about your phone though, so I'm sure a quick Google will steer you in the right direction! Good choice on phone, btw!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @asdkangda, no news on if/when VoLTE & Wi-Fi Calling will be supported for your phone, but we'll update this thread if we get any news Smiley

pover3030

My guess is that since this post was 2016 and it is now 2020 they have not lost enough customers to warrent allowing those to bring their own phones access to wi-fi calling. No idea why not as you are still paying for the sevice but what good is the service if you do not get reception....