Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO Home Phone call quality not the bst

gmilroy
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have fido home phone and I can say the call quality is good, but not as good as cell phone quality. At times the call quality is good, but over the last 3 weeks I have had it, I have had many compliants about some breaking up or sounds like my voice is muffled. Other time its great. But when I heard it worked over the cell network, I thought it has to be good....i'm a little disappointed really.

The base unit is not in my basement, it upstairs right beside a window, in a room i use many cell phones in with no issues.

I would not suggest replacing a home line with fido home phone, but as a second line, its fine.

1 REPLY 1

TheOrangeGuy
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2
Could be an issue with your particular device. Normally, call quality should be as good if not better than a cellphone due to the fact that the base station is not moving and the antenna is quite a bit bigger than cellphone's.

You may want to speak with Tech. Support and see if they're able to do something. If they can't, they would be able to exchange your device for another one.